The Association culturelle franco-manitobaine, inc./Franco-Manitoban Cultural Association Inc. (ACFM) was established in accordance with the Constitution and Regulations of the Province of Manitoba. The ACFM was incorporated according to the laws of the Province of Manitoba in 1986. The Association culturelle franco-manitobaine, inc./Franco-Manitoban Cultural Association Inc. (ACFM) is the official representative and supporter of rural communities’ cultural committees in Manitoba. It contributes to francophone cultural and artistic development by facilitating the implementation of programming and support services for its member cultural committees. Through the cultural committees, the rural Manitoban communities have access to enriched cultural programming in the French language. Its mandate is to :
- Promote and encourage the establishment and the development of rural and urban cultural committees;
- Identify the cultural committees’ needs;
- Inform the cultural committees of the human and financial resources available;
- Coordinate interregional cultural activities for an improved use of resources and a balanced programming;
- Offer ongoing training activities to its members;
- Act as the cultural committees’ spokesperson.
The ACFM is apolitical and does not discriminate against any gender, nationality, race, age or religion. French is the official language and the working language of the corporation.